Web of Influence

This past month I've been quiet.  I've been digging in spiritually and spending more time observing, opposed to interacting and speaking/writing my thoughts.  It's been quite difficult at times, it's also been extremely rewarding after pushing through the pain.  One of the things that I started reflecting on was the digital thumbprint I am leaving.  It's interesting to think about.  Life before the internet, typically people wouldn't think about their societal imprint as much.  I personally think it's always been important but now what satan meant for evil God is using for good.  Through the fear of being judged for our actions on social media (and the internet in general) we are thinking more carefully about what information and impression we are leaving.  We are becoming more conscious of our web of influence, one of which always existed but now there is a physical representation of it, a potentially never ending one.

This leaves me really thinking about the effects of my digital words, likes, shares.  Who am I working for in each of these actions?  Does this action build up the kingdom or does it tear it down?  Is it working towards unity, peace, love, eternal matters or does it reflect fear, anger, and temporary pleasure?

Just food for thought...~Hill




Comments