Temporary Living Conditions


My family and I are finding this assignment here in Las Vegas to be a challenging one.  We've gone through many types of struggles and at this point we are looking forward to what's next for us after Nevada.  In the meantime I find myself looking around and trying to figure out how to improve the world around me.  This past weekend we (okay mostly my husband) were doing some yard work.  We (he) dug up some palm trees that wouldn't recover and replaced some of the old plants with new ones.  Part of me wanted to keep going, makeover the back yard so I would actually want to spend time back there.  However, I would have to keep reminding myself that we are here temporarily and we need to watch how much we spend on things that do not add value to our house/property.

God seems to speak to me through these small moments.  A small lesson can translate into such a big life lesson.  We all are here on temporary assignment, we don't fit in here on Earth. Nor are we meant to.  We are here to invest into things that matter, things that add value: people and his kingdom.  What would that look like if we spent as much time considering our resources in that frame. Keeping in mind our mission, our destiny and our limited time?

<3 Hill  

Comments