What Aroma is Being Left in Your Wake?

 



Have you ever walked past someone, even outside and can smell their perfume or cologne for quite a few feet after they have passed you?  I notice this quite often actually, due to my heightened sense of smell. While on my walk at the beach this morning I noticed a woman's scent as she passed me from about 10 feet away and God impressed on me the title of this post. 

So often I'm guilty of limiting the ability of the Holy Spirits' impact on other's through me. However, regardless of my wavering understanding; the Holy Spirit still shines through and touches people I'm around. This is not stated in pride, as it is not my doing, it is simply the Holy Spirit within. When we humble ourselves and ask Jesus to take over our lives and be our Lord and Savior the Holy Spirit fills that void within us that was meant specifically for him. The more we pursue Him, heal through Him, and live for Him to brighter and bolder He can shine through us. This is the only way to true happiness and joy. I'm talking the praising in a jail cell type of joy! This joy shines through us and touches the senses of those who are around us and even strangers can catch the wake of that joy that transcends human understanding.

Acts 2:38 ESV 

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26 ESV

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Romans 8:26 ESV

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV 

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own


There are so many more verses, search for yourself. Checkout https://www.blueletterbible.org/ and https://www.biblegateway.com/



Comments