What's Weighing You Down?


 

As I sit in reflection I am prompted to write a short list. Just three things that are weighing on me. Too often I don't have an answer when someone asks what they can pray for me. Sure, it's a great thing that I'm rejoicing in the Lord, but in truth, when we're unaware of what's weighing us down how will we address it? Or, how will it hinder our ability to show up for others when we're put in a difficult situation?

I believe we first need to confess these things that are weighing us down and then ask ourselves maybe a few follow up questions. What are you believing is too big for the Lord? Or believing is too little for the Lord to care about? We need to confess our errored way of thinking and replace it with God's divine truth.


Jeremiah 32:17 ESV

‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 Peter 5:6-7 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Matthew 10:30-31 

But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Comments