Disbelief


 Many of you reading this now didn’t know me as my pre-crawling self.  Before I believed in God that is. I was an adamant atheist, believing that the concept of God and religion was ridiculous.  I considered myself  “scientifically minded”. I was certain there is absolutely no proof and I found it was right up there with believing in Santa.  Sorry kids… I could argue every little point of the concept of a God and would note that religion was for people that were weak minded. 

Then something happened. I had someone who I loved and looked up to, who wasn’t previously a believer, challenge me to listen to a set of cd’s she had. Haha, yes you read that correctly, compact discs! They were entitled “Conversations with God”.  I don’t recall all that much about the book on cds that I listened to but I do remember that I found it really interesting and for some reason it hooked me. I still didn’t consider myself a believer but I was at least curious and unsure about my firm stance of disbelief. 

For right now I decided to not share the rest of my story, instead I challenge those of you who don’t believe to take a small step and experiment with God. Maybe this looks like you reading a book, listening to a suggested sermon, checking out an online live-streamed church, or actually attending a church that someone recommends. Those of you who are believers, make the step and be real with your friends and acquaintances who are not believers, invest in them.  Not as some project but as a person. Then you will be able to suggest a book, sermon, church etc and your friend/loved one will trust that you love them no matter what and you’re only sharing BECAUSE you love them and nothing more. They need to know we aren’t trying to change them or brainwash them or whatever else. Show your true heart.

PS check out some of what I listen to and watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1nAQpusLg (conversations with God on Youtube)




Comments