Repost::Send Me...I think...


I thought it was amusing for myself to look back and read this from this past spring.  Honestly, the journey here hasn't been my best experience but the Lord is doing some serious growth within me and my family through these struggles.  Trust him people!


  My church (Freedom Life Church, Hampton) has an annual combined service and there is typically a different theme each year.  This past year it was "send me". I was honestly filled with a connection with this message, especially after going to Africa on a missions trip a few months prior. I was on fire to do whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted. So I thought.


This year has been all over the place. Literally and figuratively. My husband finished working on an inspection team that took him all over the country approximately half of each month. I earned my license in professional counseling, and was able to go on an amazing missions trip to the Democratic Republic of the Congo teaching the locals how to use neurofeedback to treat women with PTSD from sexual trauma. Emotionally I have been through a lot, and thanks to God using all that pain for growth because I followed him through it. More specifically my relationship has improved dramatically with my husband through some recent trials and God's hand is incredibly apparent through it all. 


So in late October, early November my husband got orders to Dyess AFB, TX in Abilene, TX. UGH. I was not thrilled because it is such a small town in the middle of no where and not very diverse for my diverse family. To my surprise my husband was willing to go out there alone and live very minimally and work job at night. He was also doing a lot of selfless acts around the house that would make me more comfortable and happy while he was gone. 


Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. Due to my son's probable brain tumor that we are monitoring through mri with a neurosurgeon every 6 months his orders were cancelled because they did not have a pediatric neurologist or surgeon at the base or in the surrounding area. However, the base he is at is overstaffed and they were going to send us somewhere. So we cancelled the orders and asked to go to Hawaii. I usually don't get too excited very much but I was starting to really get excited at the prospect of going to O'ahu.  Geez, that really matches my personality and my interests.  Oh, and my childhood friend lives on the North Shore and I would already have a bunch of connections.





Well, that dream just officially fell through today. It is solid that we are leaving for Las Vegas.  I'm trying to remain positive but it's honestly the opposite in what I want. Instead of moderate temperatures, they're extreme. Instead of lots of free nature based activities there is a bunch of commercial, consumption based entertainment.  Perhaps I'm wrong, which there is a good chance.  I'm trying to just stand in the belief that God is sending us there for a reason and he will work it out for our good and his glory if we remain faithful with our eyes on him.  

    



**Currently reading: No Drama Discipling -Siegel & Bryson
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0345548043/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=42OOBL70JKC0&coliid=IEF6X1RMB4C7J

Comments