Blessed Beyond Measure

 


I have just been reflecting on God's goodness these past few days and how well He takes care of His children. Even when we aren't in a place where we can fully see it, He's working. I keep thinking about a commonly referenced verse: Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” This morning I started to see this verse differently than I have in the past. In the past I saw it as a promise for good works. More of a tenet for life about judging others and forgiving others. 
During this period of my life I'm finding myself just following one step at a time. Literally, this is what He's having me do. I'm just constantly seeking His will and His plans and He's only revealing one step at a time and I'm doing my best to hear what I need to do and obey. To be honest, I'm a planner and it can be pretty difficult not having an outline of what I need to do. How do I need to be focusing my energy? At the same time it's been filled with such pure joy. Such freedom. I think of the passage of scripture above and think, "wow, His plans for me and His blessings for me are so much more than I could ever dream of or fathom". I'm remembering that it is through faith not works that we are made righteous (Romans chapter 3). So what is this give? I'm wondering if it's whatever we are holding onto that the Lord is inviting us to let go of and step into faith, trusting Him in whatever He has for us. It is seeking Him with our everything, always and hearing His whispers that call us to action. Then just following.   



Comments