Day 31 of Beauty

As I sit in reflection while on a break from organizing my belongings, deciding what the packers will take and what I need to keep for an unknown amount of time, I feel a great amount of peace and content.  Although it is quite sad for me to pick up and move across the country to a city unknown by me, without any local friends or family (or job or house...) I sit in peace.

Don't get me wrong, there are moments (even about this move) when I'm not at peace and worry kicks in.  But how awesome, glorious and beautiful it is when we can be content, rest in our faith that our father in heaven has us in his hands.  I think about how beautiful it was holding my children as babies, and sometimes even now, how quiet, trusting and content they were.  My children didn't fuss very much, well excluding my son when I was not with him and they didn't typically fuss when I held them except when they had an unmet need they were trying to express.  How much more beautiful is it that our God knows all our needs and has them laid out for us ahead of time.  We confuse our wants with needs, much like children but in the end he has us.

I think about Paul in Philippians 4:10-13 (NLT)
How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me.  Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything.  I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little.  For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Comments