Day 37 of Beauty

The moving saga continues.  We are 3 days away from our cross country trip and a week and two days away from arriving in Las Vegas.  I have been a ball of emotions.  Many of the small details, and kind of big details have not been very smooth but in the end they are all working out.  For about 4 days I was on the verge of yelling or crying and in between being in rest with the Lord.  It's been a roller coaster ride.

Monday I was blessed to have coffee with some great sisters in Christ.  It's so amazing what can happen when we allow ourselves to be open and vulnerable to our struggles.  Most of the time we find out that others too struggle similarly and teach us wisdom through it.  I was so blessed by words or wisdom and encouragement.  One theme really stuck with me.  I was advised that when I'm struggling and find myself being short with my husband and kids, I should try speaking my prayer language; even if it's under my breath.  It was my sister's experience that it helps her soften her words and God flows out of her more easily.

I have to tell you, ever since that talk I have been practicing that and life has been so much smoother and my emotions are still there but much easier to flow with.  I'm also being able to listen to the Lord clearer and see lessons popping up all around me.  My family has been getting along better and I've been more hopeful about the future.

Have a blessed day!

Comments