Day 33 of Beauty

I've been getting so many ideas about what to write about day 33 but life has been so busy these past few days I get side tracked and don't write down the thoughts.  However as I sit in my car looking out at the water (I'm at Buckroe Beach) I am reflecting on how thankful I am.  How blessed I have been during my time in Hampton.  While I am able to run around and do errands and take time to write, my husband is at our house with the packers.  Packing up our house today and tomorrow and moving it out on Monday.  

Anyways, as I sit and enjoy the peace that the beach offers my soul, I am reminded of how thankful I was to move close to beaches.  I felt so happy to be surrounded by water.  I was so appreciative of our house and each friend I was fortunate enough to make.  Then I think about how beautiful it is as parents for us to watch when our children are grateful.  One thing that I always admired, and still do, about my 13 year old daughter is how truly grateful she is, even if she only received a piece of paper for her birthday she would be good, and honestly mean it.  How much that always touches my heart.  I hope one day I could become that appreciate and thankful.  I think it is such a beautiful characteristic that is sometimes overlooked.  

Today I am thankful for kind friends that share wise wisdom. Friends that have been so kind and giving of their resources, time and energy.  Thankful for a thoughtful husband who aims to bring me happiness.  Thankful for my children and all the love they give and teach me.  I am working on being thankful for the opportunities that lie ahead in Nevada...  

Comments