Day 35 of Beauty

Accepting yourself as you are.

I had such a blessed two days.  Yesterday and today I got to hang out with my best friend and our kids.  Today we spent the day at Water Country USA (a water park).  While I was there I noticed all types of women who either were noticeably insecure or comfortable/confident.  Each were different sizes, levels of being in shape or out of shape, older and younger.  There were insecure thin, young girls.  There were insecure thicker, older women.  Likewise, there were plenty of sizes, shapes, and ages of confident women as well.  I also noticed the people they were with.  They didn't appear to care what body type the women they were with had.  They just wanted to spend time with that woman.

How much time do we worry, dislike, spend time harping on the issues with our body or face?  Thinking negatively or cruelty towards ourselves doesn't motivate us.  Actually, it tends to depress us and worsens our chances as changing what we don't like.  Acceptance is key.  If we give over control and see that only his value in us matters then he can start healing our hearts and usually our healthier habits follow suit.

Comments