Day 39 of Beauty

The beauty of following.

That isn't a title that I expected my fingers to formulate.  As we were preparing for the trip it was decided that my husband would need to buy a trailer and tow his motorcycle.  This also meant that I needed to follow him.  I hate, I mean HATE, following people driving.  Even if it's for a short distance, I would much rather use GPS or back in the day have them give me directions.  Shoot, I would even prefer a map.

Well, for me God speaks most often through situations.  I learn through patterns, through connections, correlations, relationships and this is what he most commonly uses to talk to me.  As I previously mentioned, I wasn't too thrilled about the fact that I would be following him for 3654 miles.  My husband, umm isn't the most patient in traffic.  His response is that he isn't the worst case of road rage... Anyways, I mentioned to him that I was stressed out at the fact that I would be following him and asked if he could be mindful of his weaving in and out of traffic and such.  He agreed and then we both came to the conclusion that he would be more limited anyways with the trailer in tow.

Yesterday was the first fourth of the trip and honestly at first it was a bit stressful and annoying.  However, as the day went on and got use to the rhythm, it was easier than me needing to pay attention to directions and making the decisions to pass and what not.  In that moment of realization I felt like God was using this to show me some of the benefits I have available to me when I follow my husband.  I was so much more relaxed and laid back due to just being able to follow him.  He still asked my input on where we would stop and was considerate of me.

Who knew I would be learning this lesson through traveling.  I always find it so cool how God finds personalized ways to reach us and teach us better ways to live.  

Comments