Day 34 of Beauty

I had the pleasure of visiting with a special friend of mine yesterday.  One of the topics we spoke about was flexibility, or our lack of it at times.  It's so funny how we view ourselves sometimes in contrary to how other people view us.  Or even how we view ourselves  and then as we get older we realize that view was off.  To be more precise, I always viewed myself as easy going and flexible.  I would just go with the flow.  So I thought.

In reality I would go with the flow, be easy going, and flexible as long as I was comfortable.  As long as I thought things were going okay.  More times than not it was a front.  I surrendered my thoughts, feelings and opinions to be lovable, likable, and cool enough.  I had no clue I was even doing this.  As I've gotten older and my desire to be liked, people pleasing disorder, has faded quite a bit and thus I'm more exposed and seemingly less flexibly and easy going.  

As fear loosens it's grip on us and starts flushing out of the darkness and corners of our lives, flexibility and ability to just flow seems to come so much more easily.  I get tastes of it here and there but I look toward a future when that is a constant beautiful state I get to remain in.

Comments