Fearless in Fearful Times


Let me first say, I fully get it.  I understand being afraid.  I understand thinking we need to be involved in government and make our opinion matter.  Fight for what is right.  Stand up for ourselves.  Don't let the bullies win.  Find them and get them so they can't keep getting us, fight for our right for freedom and our way of life.

But then there is another part of me, a part that is overtaking my heart more and more each day that knows that's not the answer.  That knows there is something deep down wrong with that logic.  Better yet, questions where that mentality and logic come from.

I have to say that studying Revelation has really pushed me even more towards not being afraid.  Knowing that the first mentality is not from God at all.  There are an abundance of scripture that tells us not to fear.  Why?  What does fear do?  It brings out the ugliest of humanity.  It has you working for the enemy, he rejoices in our fear, anger, hatred, revenge and war.  If you read the book of Daniel, you see that no matter what God's hand is always on current affairs and when it comes down to it he places those in charge of us for a reason.  We can't understand everything because we are not equal with God.  We are in the end of times and it will just continue to get worse.  But don't let that stir fear.  He tells us his plans, and getting worse is all apart of those plans.  This means the times is growing closer for him to return.  Your fear, anger. your desire for vengeance doesn't help you at all. Accept his gift of peace, ask for his love, grace and mercy to fill your heart.  Ask for the wisdom and understanding to see these events through his eyes.  

~Just my 2 cents!

Comments