Protected



Yesterday I read an article that was quite shocking and really made me appreciate my kids being healthy more than ever.  The article was about a child passing away after being put to sleep in a car seat.  Apparently babies can die from lack of oxygen when sleeping in an upright angle.  Commonly I would allow my kids to sleep in swings, car seats, and even with something under their mattress to prop them up due to reflux issues.  I had no clue that was even a risk.  This just makes me appreciate my life and my children's lives so much more.

We may not know until we are in the new heaven all of the answers as to why some are healed, saved, protected and why some are not but I do know that when our lives are all good we seem to not appreciate anything.  We all have troubles in our lives and it looks different for everyone.  All I know is my perspective is shifting and I'm choosing to recognize all the ways God has protected me.  He's protected me from myself at times, he's protected me from the full consequences of my actions, he's protected me from the worse damage I would have done if it weren't for consequences, he's been instrumental by having me be watched over and protected in so many different times and places.  I still have had horrible things happen to me but if I look for him I will always see him.  He's always present if I choose to look for him and acknowledge him.


Comments