Hermit


There always seems to  be a period of time I go through when I want to go be a hermit.  Up until a few years ago this was only in the dead of winter.  However, as the years go by this desire to retreat and be isolated seems to be increasing.  There were times when I wondered if I was starting to become depressed but I really don't think I was.  I was just overwhelmed and burnt out.  

Now that my family and I have been transplanted across the country I have no social life beyond my kids activities.  Which soccer alone is quite enough if I may say so.  I'm doing so much less, however, I still want to cuddle up at home with the family.  I am quite content with not doing too much outside of the house.  I'm just wondering why.

As I let my mind wander about trying to understand the underlying motivations and reasons I think I grow a little bit clearer.  First, I can see how God is using this time for us to purposefully spend time together without distractions of a busy social life.  But I think more importantly this is a time for me to spend with the Lord.  I am suppose to be using this idle time to curl up and lean in nice and close. This is a time for growth, for hearing his voice, learning his plans, feeling his love, grace and presence.

What are you doing with your down time?
<3

Comments