Love the Person Not the Post


I feel pretty safe to say, we're all guilty of it.  Choosing to unfriend someone.  Or maybe we just unfollow them to not shake the boat.  We all have our reasons.  Maybe we realize the person isn't really a friend, instead they are spying on us.  Perhaps we don't like their negative posts.  Maybe they're posting things we find to be racists, against our political/social/spiritual views...you name it and we have the reason.

I don't always think it's a bad thing because we do need to watch what we put into ourselves.  We need to surround ourselves and be exposed to good, our friends should reflect what we want to become many say.  However, should we depend on social media like that?  Should most of our socializing be conducted via our devices?  If we move out of our comfort zone and have social media be a place for trying to make the world a better place through spreading positivity, love and grace what would that look like?  What if we spent less time on social media and more time picking up the phone once in a while or spending more time in our communities getting to know people?

I just have been wondering if we should put so much stock on what people post.  We are all flawed and we won't fully grasp how skewed our perceptions were until we meet the big guy but I'm pretty sure we are still suppose to be focused on love (1 Corn 13).  I don't know about you but I'm deciding to make a bigger effort to have more socializing in person and less over social media.  And when I'm on social media I'm going to try and choose to love the person regardless of what they post.  If I find it very troubling I will pray for the words and wisdom and God will give them to me if it's me that is suppose to try and correct them, or maybe I'll be surprised and be the one receiving the correction.

Comments