Prayer


One of the areas I think I lack in spiritually is prayer.  I go through times when I pray a lot and then times when I don't really pray at all.  I worship, I study and I look for God throughout the day and I guess I've felt like that was enough.  He knows our hearts, our thoughts, our desires and is control of all world events (Jeremiah 17:10 & Daniel 2:21) so what would my prayers do anyways?  

I've been feeling him prod me to look into this more and deepen my understanding of the need and importance of prayer.  When I first started looking into it I really only could think of a few verses that referenced how we pray and the importance.  However, the more I look the more I see how important it is.  From what I'm seeing and understanding it has very little to do with us persuading our father or informing him.  It has to do with out relationship with him.  It is our way of communication with God.  It is another way to spend time with him and release what is on our hearts and minds.  

Part of me already knew this because my prayers were always more of a conversational style but lately they have been more about seeking God's will.  In a way prayer is reflective of where we are on our spiritual journey.  

Anyways, I found this interesting and thought maybe other people would too.  I'm going to be more intentional about praying more often and with my family.  Hopefully you will consider this too.


Comments