Beauty Day 26

These past few days, as you have read, I've been having some struggles.  Well on top of interpersonal and emotional battles, I've had a battle with my hair.  That might seem shallow, insignificant or vain but I personally battle with feeling less than everyone else already physically and when something makes that condition worse, I have a tendency to fall apart.

So, about a month and a half ago I got blond highlights.  I already had a few chunky pieces and this time I got a lot.  I basically got a bunch of highlights in lieu of going fully blond.  Since getting it done I started noticing that some of my top layers were more straight than the rest.  Typically my hair isn't naturally straight and needs a lot of help to become straight.  A few days ago I noticed that my hair smelled and, OH NO my ends were all fried (at least all the blond ones).  I was so upset!  I tried to hide them, they were resistant to curling in, laying down...you name it.  So I break out the deep conditioner after work with the shower cap.  Nothing, well maybe a little improvement but I didn't want the messed up ends spreading up.  Houston, I have a problem.  I needed to cut off the damage and my next appointment with my very popular and booked up stylist wasn't for another three weeks.
Luckily for me, she loves me and showed me favor by slipping me in on her day off (still felt so bad).

My thought was that we would need to take off the length I had finally grew out.  I was really upset by that thought but she assured me she could add layers and it would be fine.  And it is. But, I still feel ugly and exposed, always do when I get a new cut.  So, I'm left wondering what God is showing me in this moment.  I don't really feel like it's very obvious right now, so I turn to scripture for guidance and comfort.

1 Sam 16:7
But God told Samuel, “Looks aren’t everything. Don’t be impressed with his looks and stature. I’ve already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart.”

Hebrews 10:35-36
 35 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.


Comments