Day 25 of Beauty

2 Corinthians 3:12-18
With that kind of hope to excite us, nothing holds us back. Unlike Moses, we have nothing to hide. Everything is out in the open with us. He wore a veil so the children of Israel wouldn’t notice that the glory was fading away—and they didn’t notice. They didn’t notice it then and they don’t notice it now, don’t notice that there’s nothing left behind that veil. Even today when the proclamations of that old, bankrupt government are read out, they can’t see through it. Only Christ can get rid of the veil so they can see for themselves that there’s nothing there.

Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We’re free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him. (‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭12-18‬ MSG)

I'm continuing to have a trying week.  In fact I went to bed last night with very little hope.  I woke up and God put 2 Corinthians 3 on my heart and then I start reading verse 12 and I realized why he did so.  Although I may become hopeless in human controlled situations and relationships, I do have an abundance of hope in God.  I know and have seen him do so many miraculous works in my life and in lives around me. Yet, how does this fade away so quickly when people that I am suppose to trust continue to show their apathy and cold heart?

To me the above scriptures speak loudly to me about how the situation I'm talking about/hurting over is like the old veil.  God can take any old situation and transform it when we allow him to be present. And when we allow his presence to take over all circumstances, situations, and set in ways (constricting legislation) we are free, with our faces shining with the brightness of his glory, hope, and beauty.

Comments