Day 14 of Beauty

Beauty of Growing

As I'm getting older I find myself saying a sentence that I rolled my eyes at in the past. "Wow, look at how much you've grown". It just really is so amazing to watch the maturity and physical growth of our younger generations.  It's a blessing to see their personalities develop and deepen into the woman or man they will become.  I find myself meditating on this as I write out graduation cards congratulating some of these children I have watched grow for about 10 years.

Likewise, how beautiful we must be to God watching us growing in our spiritual maturity.  There are so many references to how God wants us to examine our hearts and look to him for guidance for our continued growth, becoming more like him.  I remember myself as a new believer and how overwhelming and hopeless I felt with all of my junk I needed to deal with.  I felt so weighed down, miserable, and ugly.  God systematically surrounded me by so many women to help show me the way because I genuinly wanted to grow and improve.  What a beautiful thing it is to look back and see all the blessings he sent me but I was too blind to see, yet he helped me anyways.  He is so faithful when we don't feel like we can be, and he's so giving when we are fearful to let go.

Lam 3:40 Let us examine and prob our ways, and

Philippians 1:25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.


2 Peter 3:17-18
You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing. Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.

Comments