Day 29 of Beauty

Today was my last day of work before we move in two weeks across the country.  I feel so blessed to be able to be included in so many lives and so many hearts.  It's such an honor to have people trust in me and allow me to try to help them.  I learn so much from them and I cherish each one.  It's hard to believe that in two weeks we will be traveling 2500 miles, and across 8 states.  After being here in Virginia for 11 years and 16 days (that's right, I counted) and being that I'm 35 that's most of my adult life.  My roots are here, my network, my friends, my friends that are family, my church, and most important my hair stylist!  This past 6 months has been the most comfortable I've been in a while.  I can see where God is moving and I was able to sit in a place of rest, well as much as I rest anyways.

For now our time here is drawing to an end, but new adventures await.  Open armed and open hearted looking forward to what God has in store next.  What a beautiful place to be; drifting to a foreign land without a home or a job, just waiting on the Lord to see what doors he opens or closes.  Guess my faith will be strngthened and that's just fine.

Besides, homeless and jobless for summer looks great on me!  I'm looking forward to having the summer off.  No job, limited cleaning and cooking.  Hmm, maybe this is better than I thought ;)


Comments