Day 24 of Beauty

I knew when I decided to embark on this journey (365 days of beauty) God called me to that it was going to be super difficult at times.  I didn't realize the ways in which it would be difficult.  I was called to come to him every day and listen to what he says about beauty.  Sounds great, no pressure because it sounds like I just listen and type.  Nope.  Sometimes it's like that and other times he shows me things throughout the day and then there are other days (like today) when I'm just sitting in an ugly place.  I'm under a lot of stress, which I'm praying about and doing things to manage it. But still this type of rapid move, we were told the last week of March that we are moving to Las Vegas...and at the time his report date was April 30th (but we were able to thankfully move it to June 30th) creates an incredible amount of stress and anxiety.  God has shown favor all along the way so far but still it's so difficult emotionally and mentally.

I toss and turn with how specific this blog gets because I don't want to throw family business out into the world carelessly but at the same time perhaps others would benefit from my transparency.

So, when I don't feel like I have anything good to offer the world and I feel like the world is crumbling around me without a good place to hold, I praise him.  I worship through thankful prayer, through praise music, through enjoying the nature around me, and through worship led painting.  I went to bed last night completely drained and broken and the only thing I could muster was thankful prayer.  I think my typing out this rant about my stress is a reminder to me that worshiping him in all circumstances truly helps align our perspective.

Ah, now it hits me!  Most people know that taking a selfie or any picture of ourselves can look horrendous if we have a weird angle, so we know we need to adjust the angle for the best pic/view.  That's what worship does for us; it helps God re-angle our view for a much more beautiful picture.

Comments