Day 23 of beauty

Beauty of second chances.

So many times we are our own worst enemy.  We hold our self back from success, growth and peace out of fear of failure, fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fill in the blank to account for your own reasons.  Each day we awake with another chance to try something new, heal a broken relationship, put forth a new effort, strive towards inward peace.  But beyond that we are continually allowed more chances.  Many sayings are based on having a new day, we don't need to wait until after we sleep to try again.

There are so many ways I fall short each day but something God showed me long ago was be quick to apologize and own up to my mistakes.  There is so much healing available when this happens for both parties.  I don't know about you but I've been in relationships with people who act very hateful and ugly and the matter gets pushed under the rug and they just don't speak of it.  I found that so hurtful in the past and decided that I wasn't going to be like that.  At least I try to not be... And there has been times when I didn't appologise and it festered in me, even when I thought I was right.  Yet, when I appologise for at least how I wasn't acting in love then I feel more free afterwards and more able to continue to work toward love with that individual.

What a beautiful thing it is when we make decisions to do better.  To strive to be more like Christ, embodying love, kindness, forgiveness, patience, and faithfulness we can't help but radiate his beauty.   Prayerfully considering what we say to one another and if it does not align with the fruits of the spirit correct our ways as soon as we are able.  It's so difficult to do but I believe the more we focus on how we pour out onto others the less we will focus on our perceived flaws and shortcomings of our  "physical beauty".

Galatians 5:22-23 but the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 6:9 let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Ephesians 4:31-32 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with ever form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Hebrews 10:24 and let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds.


Comments