Best Investment


 I'm so very thankful that I have had people teach me about the importance of spending time with the Lord. I can't proclaim that enough! Initially, I didn't quite see the payout or immediate benefits but over time I realized how much I need that time every day. Earlier on my walk I would just notice my emotional life (and resulting decisions) would get messier and messier as time went on without me having my alone time in the word, praying and worshiping. However, that was just a turning point. I feel like as time goes on, my alone time with the Lord just gets more and more saturated with His love, healing, guidance, peace and direction. I not only know I need it, I crave it. I always have more pieces of my heart that need mending. Life is painful and sometimes we are faced with situations we can not do anything about at all. It can be completely heartbreaking. The only true and pure comfort we receive is from the Lord, His supernatural peace. The only sure thing we can put our hope in is Him.


Philippians 4:6-7 ESV / 17 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 15:13 ESV May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Romans 15:4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


Comments