Painfully Waiting

 

For years I was praying, believing, crying, grieving, almost giving up, holding on for dear life, praising and waiting. I'm finally on the other side of that now, walking in victory and enjoying a shifted perspective. Don't get me wrong, I still have issues and problems but I just see it differently and am more focused on the goodness of God. I'm now contemplating what I learned, what God showed me, and how to pass that on as encouragement to other's still in the thick of their battle(s). 

What stands out to me is an anchor, presented as a promise from the Lord. The bible is filled with promises over our lives for those who believe and follow Him. Find your specific promise. Meditate on it regularly and continuing to seek the Lord as to what in your heart needs to fall into alignment with Him. He wants so much more for you than to deliver you from that pain. He wants to grow your understanding of who you are in Him, His love for you, His plans for you, and the power of walking it out His way. 

Have at least one trusted Christian friend who will remind you of this promise or promises. Be in community with fellow believers. We are called to encourage one another in Christ. God will send you people to remind you of His love for you, His promises for you and His plans for you. Continue to seek Him and follow Him through this and come to Him honestly and with all your tears, sweat and pain. He will show you the way, His way. We have to get raw and honest with Him and ourselves first. This is where change happens!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.


Comments