Speaking Life

 


Today I had a few different topics come to mind. I felt like I'm suppose to write about the one I'm currently struggling with...yay, fun stuff... 

As I'm in my quiet time this morning I'm needing to pray and speak over myself again and again. I'm struggling with negativity, anxiety, criticism and it's difficult to admit but fear. I think of all the times I've spoken in haste, not bringing it to the Lord in prayer before addressing it with the person I am struggling with or with others in an attempt to vent and seek guidance. Even though prayer doesn't make the situation/annoyance/etc go away as we pray we are able to see it more and more from God's perspective. Even when we have legitimate complaints and grievances, it is so necessary to look to him for His vision of the situation, the other person and ourselves. We need to be careful to not give voice to the spirit of fear, bitterness, resentment, envy, greed...etc. As we pray, these spirits we are struggling with are exposed to us by God and we can direct our prayers better. Once we start directing our prayers better we begin to walk in His freedom in the circumstance and His supernatural peace that carries us no matter the battle. Then we can speak life into the situation and freely let the Holy Spirit do his thing! 


Philippians 4:6 ESV Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Romans 8:26 ESV Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

Jeremiah 33:3 ESV Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

Matthew 26:41 ESV Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

1 Timothy 2:8 ESV I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

Luke 6:27-28 ESV “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.


Comments