Day 1 of Beauty

Day 1

1 Peter 3:3-4 NIV Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes, instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

This scripture can seem so idealistic; sounds like a great concept but feels unrealistic when bombarded by our society with expectations to look a certain way.  However, think about it.  What really happens when you go on with your day with no make-up, comfortable clothing and a smile?  Personally, I have noticed that even when I feel like I look gross and unkept, people still tend to respond positively toward me.  If I am kind and act in a loving fashion typically people reciprocate.  Beyond high school and perhaps college, people usually don't really care if you have a high maintenance style or a laid back, care free style as long as you are comfortable in your own skin and are pleasant to be with.

Challenge: Keep your style simple for the day and be purposefully kind and note the response you get.
Prayer: Lord thank you for your gentle guidance and grace. Let me display and extend that to everyone I encounter today. Lord let me also see myself through your eyes and not my own or through the worlds. Let me accessorize and coordinated my loving and giving nature with your spirit within me.

Comments