Day 4 of Beauty

Day 4

Through this process of needing to look to The Lord for guidance daily for the content that I write has made me so much more aware of how I have a tendency to "shelf" God when I'm super busy.  I don't intentionally do it but it does happen.  These past few days I found it so difficult to sit still for 15-30 minutes to wait to hear what God was going to speak to my heart about.  Luckily I have had a great few days but I wonder how many times when I become too busy for God does my world collapse and left in disarray?  All because I was doing my own will with my own strength.  Perhaps I was doing what God put on my heart but if I'm not seeking his guidance in my moment to moment then what is the value in only following his large requests?  Personally, I would love to grow better at ALWAYS dancing with him taking the lead.  When I take the lead it's not too pretty and lets face it, it's a lot more labor intensive.

This seems as if this topic is disconnected from the purpose of this devotion but I think God put this on my heart for a reason.  If we stay in alignment with him, continually looking past ourselves and at him then we don't have time to focus on ourselves.  We have our confidence in our identity in him.  Each time we die a little more to ourselves and are positioned closer to him and what we are or are not doesn't really matter.

Matthew 14:27-31

Challenge: meditate on this passage and how it relates to how we perceive our beauty.  In our moment to moment are we fixing our eyes on him or sinking into the sea of despair?

Prayer starter: Lord call me out onto the water, help me fix my eyes constantly on you. Let me see, feel, and hear you calling for me. Let my relationship and faith in you grow more and more.  Lord I ask that you take all of my hurt, focus, and view on my image away and replace it more and more with your spirit.

Comments