Day 6 of Beauty

Emotional Numbness

I know this topic seems distant from the focus on beauty, yet this is what God placed on my heart.

You are walking around in your emotionally protective bubble.  Perceived safety from potential incoming attacks on your heart.  With each painful experience the bubble's walls grew thicker and thicker making it less and less impenetrable.  As the walls grew thicker it became more and more difficult to feel or share any emotion.  The protective bubble isn't easy to put on and off and it just becomes a permeant fixture.  You become so accustomed to the numbness you don't realize you are not experiencing emotions.  Until you do realize that you feel like a robot among a group of emotion filled, real life people.  Then you're left wondering, how do I get those emotions back? Yet, simultaneously scared of what that might look like and how you will be able to control it.

God wants us to walk out in faith towards him. Letting go of our fears and our grip on our past hurts. We can trust that he has us and no matter what he can use all things for our good and his glory when we are walking with him. For me I can see how this applies to the topic of beauty. For a good majority of my childhood I had many people fill me up on hate filled statements about how ugly I was.  This really transformed me and made me so filled with shame because it wasn't anything I could change. I built up a wall. I would try to trust, and would get hurt. Repeat and repeat and repeat. Then after I gave my life to God it changed slightly but not fully.

God calls us to cry out to him (Psalm 34:17-20 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles but The Lord delivers him from them all; he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken."). In our vulnerable brokenness he is able to work through us and bring forth healing.   2 Corn 12:9 "but he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

Challenge: Cry out to Jesus in your weakness and ask for him to deliver you from your troubles. Be boldly honest about your weaknesses, giving room for God to operate and get all the glory.

Prayer: Lord give me the strength and courage to be boldly transparent about my weaknesses. Let all my guards fall down to the ground and give you free rein to cleanse me of my toxic thoughts, defense mechanisms and anything else that is preventing me from being fully present and tuned into your spirit and word.


      

Comments