Day 8 of Beauty

Walking in Vulnerability

God's been speaking to me about how beautiful I am when the make-up, maskes, etc. all come off. We are most beautiful standing in our truth, which is ultimatly HIS truth.  When we have on our maskes of protection we are operating in fear.  We are incapable of operating in both fear and love simutaniously; therefore, we need to make a choice. I don't know about you, but I feel so much more light, bright and beautiful when I'm full of love and not at all when I'm filled with various forms of fear.  Fear is the root to most of our negative emotions if we allow ourself to be honest and let God expose those roots. Bitterness towards a spouse might be fear that they will never change, fear of not being loved, fear of them leaving, etc., etc...

Luke 12:22-24 Then Jesus said to the disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

When we can walk in vulnerability and transparency we allow God to work through us so much more freely. I've been sitting back and reflecting on how much God has blessed me through my vulnerability. My vulnerability brought about healing and deeper friendships as well as healing and freedom for my friends as well.

Challenge: What masks are you wearing?  Which ones are you willing to shed today and watch God work?

Prayer: Lord expose all of my fears and give me the stregnth, vulnerability and discernment to be transparent and vulnerable to give you more room to operate in my life.

Comments