Battle


Without fail, when I voice my enthusiasm, joy and victory there comes an attack.  The attacks come in many forms but all with the same purpose; to distract me from all that God is doing in my life.  Over the years those attacks have morphed into much more subtle and sneaky ways.  I attribute that to the clarity we are blessed with the more we strengthen our faith through studying the word.

I'm not even specifically referring to discernment, which I do believe is a gift that God gives up.  For me though, this is a gift he gave me at a young age.  Much before I was even saved.  However, I've had to learn to trust it and use it as I've aged.

What I'm talking about is akin to  needing glasses.  It's as if the more I study God's word, over time my glasses prescription grows closer and closer to 20/20.  My perspective grows closer to his.  It's a slow process but measurable none the less.

So when these attacks come the DD (defeated devil as I like to call him) is searching for more covert and sneaky ways to infiltrate my faith.  Though these moments (thank God much shorter than before) occur when I let the DD distract me off my path I can use those moments for growth as well.  I ask God to reveal what I need to open up to him for healing.  I need to ask for direction, strength, self-discipline, patience and love.  We can use these moments of emotional chaotic distraction as a means to grow closer to building Jesus' character within us.

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Comments