Dog Park Ministry



Kind of a funny title isn't it?  In all seriousness though I have been thinking a lot about the "call" of ministry.  I don't understand why people say or tell others they have a call to ministry.  I read the bible and reflect on the scripture and we are all called to spread the good news.  To me that means we are all called to ministry.  But what does that look like?

For me I don't think it means me standing on a stage teaching.  For me it means I am a full time--as in all the time--ambassador for God.  I represent him where ever I go.  I need to spread love, hope and peace.  Please don't think this means bible thumping because that's so not me.  I'm not a used car sales man and I appreciate investing in and getting to know people because if we don't love them they don't care what we say.

So, if I'm a rep for God at all times that means everywhere I go.  Right now I'm only working part time from home but I still venture out to the dog parks.  Who mostly goes to these parks during the day?  Mostly older people, people without jobs, people that sometimes don't have a social life beyond the dog park.  I'm lumping together but talking to people it really seems to sum up a lot of people.  I fit two of those types: for a while I was unemployed and currently underemployed and I have no social life because I don't know many people here.  

It dawned on me that I typically don't accomplish much if I don't set my intentions/goals etc.  So, I decided to start going to dog parks, stores, picking up my kids and talking to people. Not for my gain of socializing because I'm extroverted but instead to see what they need.  Listen to them, hear their hearts and show them the light of Jesus.

Just my 2 cents ;) 

Comments