Praise

Revelation 1:3 God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.

In a previous post I shared that I started attending BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) and we are studying the book of Revelation.  Well let me tell you, the ground has began to shift for me.  As I have mentioned this move has been very difficult on me as well as on the family.  However, all in all we have had peace in the middle of the chaos for the most part.  Here and there I would freak out a little, but it didn't last long.  I was definitely fighting the onset of depression.  However, kept on praying that God just make whatever path he shall have for me be obvious.  I sincerely was ready for whatever he was assigning me to next.  I wasn't sure if that meant a different job/career.  I had no clue.  What I did know was I was to wait...and wait I did.

This past week while doing my daily bible study God reminded me about last year.  Last year the mission trip I went on to the DRC in Africa really took a toll on our finances and that toll lasted about 4-5 months.  We held strong and then next thing I knew we were being financially blessed well beyond what we thought we could be.  During this time God told me to have my husband start doing our bills.  I was like "umm, really Lord?  When?  Now!?"  Money has always been a struggle between us.  Not a huge problem but still a struggle.  I had a lot of fear attached to money and he...well let's say he was the opposite ;)  After a few days of taking over the finances my husband stated that his mentality toward money has really changed.  God works like that.

Anyways after a few months of getting back on our feet we received orders to Las Vegas.  We only had a little over two months to get everything together and sell the house.  Well, once again God stepped in.  Our house was only on the market for two days before we had a contract for more than we asked.  

On the road, after arriving and buying the house were all pretty stressful with lots of obstacles.  In hindsight, though, everything worked out completely fine.  Up close and in it was not fun at all though.  There were moments when I locked myself in the bathroom to pray and pray...and pray.

Soon after arriving in LV, I was contacted by a person who was interested in being a partner with me.  I continued talking with her for about a week but I felt something really unsettling about it.  I couldn't pin point it and it made me really confused.  I prayed about it and decided to call one of my spiritual mamas about it.  The more I spoke with her the more the details that disturbed me surfaced.  On the outside it would have been a very lucrative deal.  I no doubt would have made a lot of money and quickly but I knew that wasn't in God's hand for me.  I declined.

So, from the first week of July until this Tuesday I waited and waited. I was waiting for the  Board of Counseling in Nevada to contact me for my interview.  The interview is the last step before getting licensed here.  

Interestingly, I was side tracked by an internet based job.  I went through the unpaid training, did well and then all of a sudden no emails from them.  Money was going to be an issue starting in November.  Sunday on a whim I decided to apply to a mental health center here in LV.  I didn't apply anywhere previously because I wanted to wait for my license.  However, this office was looking for all different levels of mental health providers.  Tuesday morning I received a phone call asking me for an interview.  They were actually only looking for licensed individuals at the time but made an exception for me.

Two hours later I received an email from the board with an interview date for next week.  A few hours after that the internet job contacted me about a start date.

Man, when he starts to work.  He starts to work.  Oh and I had the interview this morning for the job.  They are okay with me asking for part time, flexible work (for my kids and BSF) and are okay with neurofeedback.  If I already had started with that internet job, I wouldn't have applied to this one.  I'm not 100% sure this is the one but God will make that obvious.      

Comments