Beauty in surrender

Looking back at life and situations that arise, I think the most beautiful times were when I was fully in the moment just embracing whatever life had to give me.  Not upset over unmet expectations, not excited because I got what I wanted; just fully being content and free.

It's funny, I would have these moments regularly when I was younger and not a Christian.  Hindsight can be a bit blurry and distorted but I do know that I had a lot of pain and mental anguish in between those times of bliss as well.  I would have thought, though, that after becoming a Christian those times of bliss would increase.  For me, initially, those times of blissful surrender to the present moment subsided drastically.

The more I learn about God through the bible, teachings, and people the more those moments increase as I submit to Him being fully in control and present in my life.  The more I am in his word and studying it I see how his fingerprints are not only all over time (past, present, and future) but I can see his fingerprints throughout my personal history too.  Sometimes it's so hard to see when we are up close and going through life but when we pull back and observe we can see the beautiful symphony of life he is orchestrating.

  

Comments