BSF

For about a month or so I was really missing the bible studies I was in.  Studying by myself isn't enough for me personally.  I process better and just get more out of group interaction.  In Virginia I had women's group, Wednesday night classes, small groups with friends, meetings with different spiritual mamas, you name it.  I was spiritually spoiled, I knew it, and I was loving it!

So, moving away...really away, was really hard for me.  I wanted an in depth bible study.  A few weeks after I was praying about finding a good bible study my previous neighbor from Virginia told me about BSF and found one locally here in Vegas for me.

Some of you might be saying the same thing I did, "what in the world is BSF?".  It stands for Bible Study Fellowship.  I didn't look into it too much but reached out and signed up for the first week (last week).  Like most first time church visits, I was a bit nervous.  I wasn't sure what to wear, I wasn't sure how these people would be, I wasn't sure how they would respond to me, and I wasn't sure where they were coming from in a religious standpoint... My heart is starting to speed up just remembering.

So there I was last Wednesday sitting in my car, in the parking lot after the 30 minute drive to get there.  I pushed myself to go after being bombarded by the wave of doubt and mild panic.  I was first and foremost impressed by the diversity of the attendees.  This is something I find important.  After a few moments of sitting alone a woman asked to sit near me and she ended up telling me more about BSF.  

From what she told me and I have learned so far: it's a non denominational bible study that was found for the purpose to study the bible deeper and prepare God's people to better serve in their local churches.  Individuals who attend BSF study the same material each week around the world.  The meetings each week are quite organized and handled quite well from what I'm seeing here.  First we meet in the sanctuary and do a few worship songs, then we break into small groups to discuss the material we worked on the previous week (materials for bible are handed out each week at no charge and there are questions to answer for each day), then we all go back into the sanctuary for a lecture on the upcoming weeks material.  The material (notes and questions) we are given doesn't take very much time each day but it helps to start a pattern and habit of study, it also helps go deeper into the word as well as our relationship with Christ.

Everyone I have met who have been in BSF say how much of a life changer it is.  I highly suggest you check it out.  PS this year (school year) we are studying the book of Revelation and I've been told this is the first time BSF has studied that book...it will be interesting.


**Check out their link for more information.  PS if you are not able to find a meeting near you or you can't make it to one, the weekly questions are located under resources (as well as questions for children to study as well).

Comments