Edit

I've attempted to write a post three times this morning.  Most days I have no problem putting an idea down and being done with it. Don't get me wrong, I get neurotic about it and wonder if I should have posted it and if it was post-worthy.  Today I have just been scrambling, trying to figure out how to explain some of the lessons God has taught me these past few days.

Ah, and there it is.  It's all about the edit.

We all will screw up again and again.  It's what we do with that screw up.  Do we just leave it alone or do we take out a pen and add a semi colon?  Do we white it out and pretend it didn't happen or do we put a neat line through it and correct it?

I had a situation a few days ago that filled me with such fear.  It typically takes a lot to get me filled with fear but like anyone I have a few sensitive spots.  My fear was surrounding my daughter and my initial response was not good.  Strike that, it was bad.  I felt horrible after the moment passed and I knew I missed an opportunity to let God shine and instead I surrendered to fear.  Like most footholds we give up, other fears started piling on.  Immediately afterwards when I was feeling horrible and trying to not worry about the future, a situation arose that put my families safety in jeopardy. I vacillated between worry, prayer and calling the police.

In the morning after lots, and lots of prayer time Gods will became obvious.  I obeyed and everything aligned up.  Things that didn't make sense, things that never aligned in such a manner before...only God, only through obedience was he able to take something meant to hurt my family and make it something that blesses my family.

Jeremiah 26:13  Now reform your ways and your actions and obey the LORD your God. Then the LORD will relent and not bring the disaster he has pronounced against you.

Genesis 50:20  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.

PS I'm moving over to wordpress.  My new address is https://hillaryaboone.wordpress.com/

Comments