Seasons of Struggle

I'm not sure about you but for me there are definite seasons where I struggle internally more than other times.  I'm overcome by negative thoughts about myself, which in turn starts making me super annoyed and having a negative focus on those around me.

It shouldn't be a shock.  More than ever we have a huge stream of negative information, images and opinions being force fed to us wherever we turn.  Honestly, I try to shield myself to it but there it is bombarding me.  News, social media, and then even if we are able to escape the infection from those negative outlets we communicate and come into contact with the majority of people who don't.  They are steeping in it and many not realizing it.

Beyond all of that there seems to be times, and periods of time, when I feel like I can't fight off my negativity.  Sometimes I am loyally in the word and praying.  Other times I slip and just live without my focus being on God.  I can't quite pinpoint my vulnerability; a gap in my defense.

Each season has improved, at least slightly, over the years.  But this deep sadness at my core returns. After learning more about the importance of fasting and taking part in communion, I have decided that I need to pray and ask for guidance as to which one of these I need to be practicing for a  few weeks.  Fasting to grow closer to the Lord and his value of me.  Communion to focus on all he has done for me, covering me, making me the righteousness of God in Christ.



Proverbs 3:5-7Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart
And do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
6 [a]In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,
And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way].
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord [with reverent awe and obedience] and turn [entirely] away from evil.

Comments