Lies are easier to accept

For the first twenty something years I was not a Christian.  I found it difficult to understand why people would believe in a God.  I didn't think it made scientific sense.  One could not prove that this Jesus guy wasn't just a fictitious character meant to be used as control through government.  Don't get me wrong, here and there I tried to believe.  I would randomly visit a church and watch the room almost outside of my body.  I just didn't get it.  What was I missing?

During this same period of time I had a lot of darkness surrounding me.  Dark thoughts, dark actions, dark beliefs.  There were interlacing of good through there but overall I would say I was enveloped in a storm cloud.  Yet, I didn't know it.  Nor did I know how to get out.

Now almost 13 years from being transformed through God, I look around at all the people still buying into the lies of the enemy.  He is so crafty in the ways he twists things.  The way he loves for people to think that neither him or God exist.  He fills heads with confusion, doubt, and twisted versions of the truth.

Why, since the beginning of our documented struggle, have we always been so easily tricked?  So easily believing the lies.  So mistrusting of the truth.  I find this so fascinating and at the same time I truly want to understand so I can better help those entangled in the web of lies, doubts and confusion.  Why is the truth harder to believe?        

Comments