Opportunities

Yesterday I was invited to a bible study.  Interestingly enough, the person who invited me doesn't live in Las Vegas but she is a part of an international bible study organization.  She looked up the time and place here in Las Vegas for me and encouraged me to check it out.  She had no clue that I was really craving a bible study here and was trying to figure out how to start one without knowing anyone.

I was excited and nervous.  This was a large scale bible study and I wasn't sure how traditional it would be, what the women were like, if how I dressed would be a big deal or not.  All of those things we all consider before essentially going on a blind church date.  The organization is called BSF (bible study fellowship) and the more I learned about it yesterday I wished I had attended one sooner.  People who attend these study the same book of the bible for a school year all around the world.  The study is non denominational and was created to better equip it's attendants to serve in their local churches and grow closer to God.  How cool is that?

Everyone gathers in the main sancuary for some worship, break into small groups for discussion, then rejoin in the sancuary for a bible lesson.

There was one message yesterday that stuck with me.  "Are we living as if we are made for a glorious purpose"?

Wow, let that one roll around your head for a little while.  I would love for you to share your thoughts :)

Comments